Date(s) - 07/10/2018
Category(ies) No Categories
From: Paul <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: 03 September 2018 10:04
Subject: Hartland Treasure Run – October 7th Run
VMCC North Tamar Section
A really big Thank you for the support of this run.
To confirm I have space for a few units on hard standing concrete in front of my shed. I also have a field adjacent the road with a good half acre level standing ground for those who would like to camp overnight. The entrance to the field is from the lane via a 10ft wide gate.
- The ground is usually firm and easy to navigate on.
- I can offer electricity vis the blue plug system from the my shed @ 16amp.
- Water for drinking is also available but not garden taps as that water is straight from our well.
- I have a toilet soon to be dismantled (Shirley hopes) and I can give you a key to monitor usage etc. It is still in daily use by us until the new one is built adjacent
- A copy of the notes sent for the journal;
Are North Tamar having an Indian Summer; success with the oil & steam run, new motorcycle friends joining us and October 7th the Hartland Treasure Run in North Cornwall Devon area. A number of folk have already shown interest and have asked if camping is available at my farm. Yes I can supply a grass field or concrete hard standing, water and electric and a jar of honey. If you are interested contact me at the soonest. Welcome too to Tony Higgs with his extensive collection of classic bikes from 100cc to 1000cc, so he can burn the tarmac on the odd old timer wrinkly run or track day spectacular.
By the time you read this we will all know how to build a wheel courtesy of Rod Hann. (12th September)
10th October we will have a slide show and general chat.
- Attached is the route sheet I will be using but modified to shorten the distance prior to the October Run.
- Here is the link for those who would like the VMCC route sheet holder; I believe the club invented it and Oxford folk now have it made?
https://www.classicmagazines.co.uk/product/74/route-holder This one is cheaper than the club?
- Also attached the entry form and details of the run:
- A note from ME; I do think myself that the routed event can cater for more riders safely rather than a mass of riders using the dispatch riders method of a run. An example is the annual Banbury run of over 600 machines. You asked if riders are set off individually and yes they are for road safety reasons and courtesy to other road users. Also individual unit pictures can be taken by our resident camera man Jerry to record the occasion etc. However often small groups do form naturally by reason of friendship or type of machine to make the day enjoyable for each and all. I also believe that it takes pressure riders and drivers to keep up with the progress of the ride and to make progress at a speed more appropriate for themselves or machine. The Sunbeam club erect direction markers, the failing is interested children who enjoy realigning them to send the old bikes around in circles. 😀
Well I think I have covered everything but if you think I have forgotten something, please get back to me for corrections or omissions.
Bye for now,